The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with my man cave

4 posters

Go down

Help with my man cave Empty Help with my man cave

Post  Jaskew82 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 am

Alright, so I am new to construction but I have some great help from some family members.

My first question (many more to come I am sure) is this...

I want to put a long "table top" a long a wall and just put some bar stools in front of it - much like what Dave Stanozsek did here. link The image is the first on the left.

Where can I find a table top like that?

I am also looking for a table like Blake Lunsford did
here.

Any help would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.

Jaskew82

Back to top Go down

Help with my man cave Empty Re: Help with my man cave

Post  Blake Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:59 am

Jaskew82 welcome aboard! This is a great place to hang out and get ideas from. Check out the gallery, there are some kick a$$ caves here.

I'm stuck with my garage as a cave and it serves 3 different purposes. So whenever I make a plan, all 3 (garage, workshop, cave) have to be taken into consideration. I had no idea the cave would become my main entertainment place but that's how it's worked out. The swing down bar was designed because I needed a bar-like place to sit and have a cold one, didn't have enough room without sacrificing parking space for a conventional bar, which I'd love to have, and the only place I could put one was between the garage doors on the center post.

It's really a matter of how handy you are. I love fooling around with power tools, and tackling a repair or project. I'm currently building rolling drawers to fit in the spaces below the elevated shelving on the right side. I've done some other improvements so it's time I get off my butt and get the pix posted. I need more space.

The swing down bar is 2 pcs. of MDF board 3/4", layed one on top of the other for a total thickness of 1.5". This was for sturdiness. They're glued and screwed and then I glued a piece of laminate on top. Finally I put corner molding on the top and bottom edge to "finish" the raw edges. One big a$$ hinge, a support leg on the other end (also hinged) and voila! A dry bar! It swings up against the wall because I thought it would be in the way when using the garage for parking. It's not, and I only put it up once when painting the floor. I won't get rid of it but I'd really like a conventional bar, but I don't want to sacrifice anything else. It's very sturdy, and works well for me. Email me and I'll send a few tight pics.

While I'm thinking about it, tell us about yourself and your cave. Where's it at, what's it got, what's it look like?

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaskew82 Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

I just wrote this amazingly long and detailed post that failed when I hit send!

Sorry - I will take some pics and keep you all updated as I go along.

Thanks for you advise

Jaskew82

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldwingDave Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey Jaskew82 and Blake,
I am a newby also and hope to get to share pics/ideas/chat in the future.

Dave

GoldwingDave

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am

pirat Bring it brother!

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Hmmm. GoldwingDave, wonder what's going to be highlighted in THAT cave eh?

Get 'em up boys, get 'em up!

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down