The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member in Bama

4 posters

Go down

New Member in Bama Empty New Member in Bama

Post  Jayberd4 Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Hello All! Just found ManCaveSite.Org today and swiftly registered. I am currently waiting for closing on our new house. During our house hunting a finished basement was one of my necessities. The new, much larger, home will finally offer my first chance to have a Man Cave. Here are some of my plans (It's worth mentioning that I'm a DIE HARD Crimson Tide fan): A 52" Samsung flat screen will be hung on the wall w/ surround sound for game days. Also a beer fridge and an electric fireplace will adorn the cave. Of course I'm going to hang all my autographed University of Alabama photos/pics, jerseys, framed magazines, prints and paintings in there. All my other Alabama "collectables" will go in there as well. I'll also be able to hang my dartboard again (no room in our current house). Last but not least I'll be putting one of these in there (custom Alabama design):
BP TABLE LINK I'm so excited and I can't wait to get started. I'd also like to buy or build some sort of bar. The possibilities are endless and improvements never end. I look forward to seeing y'alls man caves and getting/giving some ideas and suggestions. cheers

Roll Tide!
Jay

Jayberd4

Back to top Go down

New Member in Bama Empty Re: New Member in Bama

Post  GoldwingDave Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello Jay,

Another newby here and Alabama fan. We are suppose to be moving in our new casa within 2 weeks and found this site plus the gallery http://mancavesite.org/photo_gallery.htm
for possible themes and one may be a Bama one. My son has D.J. Hall and Julio Jones prints now and would have got Cody's last Saturday but the line was way too long.
I have the dart board plus will be buying a pool table.

Dave

GoldwingDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayberd4 Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:26 pm

GoldwingDave wrote:Hello Jay,

Another newby here and Alabama fan. We are suppose to be moving in our new casa within 2 weeks and found this site plus the gallery http://mancavesite.org/photo_gallery.htm
for possible themes and one may be a Bama one. My son has D.J. Hall and Julio Jones prints now and would have got Cody's last Saturday but the line was way too long.
I have the dart board plus will be buying a pool table.

Dave

Cool, it's always nice to meet a fellow Tider. We close next month. I just got my autographed McElroy, Ingram, and Jones pictures today. Once we get moved in and settled I'll be sure to post some pix.

Jayberd4

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldwingDave Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Jay, you are about 2 hours from where I live. My little motorcycle group usually stops in Prattville @ the Waffle House first week in May when headed to Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City.
We are buying a 3 Bd/3 Bath w/rec room and 2 car detached garage that can be a ManCave plus a 20x40 steel truss garage that will probably be the ManCave. Concrete, insulation, wiring, plumbing is going to have to be done in steps. The overhead in the 2 car detached I have considered making as a guest room with a bed and a full-bath. (I got the idea from one of the houses we looked at when house hunting)
Are the electric fireplaces expensive and how do they do on heat output?

GoldwingDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayberd4 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm originally from P-Ville and happen to be stationed here for the last 3 yrs (USAF). We're moving because I got orders to Birmingham. We got a 4BR/3BA home with a finished basement (Man Cave). We also have a 2 car garage that will just be used for the vehicles and possibly some storage. There's also an in-ground pool in the backyard. We're pretty stoked about the house.

The electric fireplaces range anywhere from about $160 - $900. From the research I've done it appears they all heat around 400SF. I have central heat and air in the basement. I mostly want the fireplace for aesthetics...although I'm sure it will be used some for heat in the winters.

Jayberd4

Back to top Go down

Post  armystud999 Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Sweet! Another TIDE fan!!! Im down here in the Fort Rucker, Dothan AL area. I work on Fort Rucker as an Army Civilian and Im also in the Reserves (just got off active duty) The wife and I are buying a house in Dothan and of course no basement so Im gonna be building a 12x20 shed/cave with a loft. Wife already approved me painting the garage Crimson and painting a white Alabama "A" on the wall. Ive already found the wall stencil haha. She can have the rest of the house just give me the garage and the man cave shed!

armystud999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayberd4 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm

armystud999 wrote:Sweet! Another TIDE fan!!! Im down here in the Fort Rucker, Dothan AL area. I work on Fort Rucker as an Army Civilian and Im also in the Reserves (just got off active duty) The wife and I are buying a house in Dothan and of course no basement so Im gonna be building a 12x20 shed/cave with a loft. Wife already approved me painting the garage Crimson and painting a white Alabama "A" on the wall. Ive already found the wall stencil haha. She can have the rest of the house just give me the garage and the man cave shed!

Awesome! It's always good to meet another Bama Fan! The plans for your cave sound fantastic. I might have to "borrow" your script A idea. Very Happy But hey, that's what this site is all about showing off your caves and sharing ideas. We are FINALLY closing on our house tomorrow morning and moving in Monday. The movers finished packing all our stuff today so I'm living amongst boxes stacked on boxes. Anyhoo, as soon as I get my place in decent order I'll post some pics. Roll Tide!!!

Jayberd4

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 pm

pirat Well done guys. Keep up the good work in as far as sharing ideas goes.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down