The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer/Movie style man-caves

4 posters

Go down

Gamer/Movie style man-caves Empty Gamer/Movie style man-caves

Post  Guardian707 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 am

Sup all,

I'm new to the site and have to say I'm very impressed with how all the caves look. The wife and I are moving into a house this weekend with another couple that's got a solid space set up to be a man cave. Although I'm excited, its my first time to rock out a place just for my interests. And as a bonus, the cave comes with a side room with a urinal/sink. This ain't your grandma's sewing room.

Although I like a lot of the sports bar style caves (and the castle...), I haven't seen much in the way of caves built towards gamers or movie/music lovers, which I am. When I say "gamer", I mean console/PC style, but I'll be fitting a poker table if I can get away with it too. I'm confident I can hammer out a design I'll be happy with, but I'm looking for pics/examples of other caves that rock the same interests.

I have a few crazy ideas to patch everything together. Pandora (Internet music) patched to the room speakers. Streaming internet vids on the TV. Its got inclines halfway up the walls, so I may patch in a projector at some point for movies and games, but the angle may be wrong for it. I'm also looking for other ways to hook things together in a more seamless interface for easy swapping between. Any advice is appreciated.

Guardian707

Back to top Go down

Gamer/Movie style man-caves Empty Re: Gamer/Movie style man-caves

Post  earnhardtjunkie Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Hey Guardian.....

Not sure if you want to go extreme or contemporary so I looked up a couple caves that would give you an idea either way. Don't make the same mistake I did and paint the ceiling white, it creates horrible bounce light, go with a flat black or a semi gloss black for your ceiling, it absorbs the glare much like the black football and baseball players wear under their eyes, same concept.

Contemporary

Extreme

Then there is this article on Woman's Day Magazine that features their picks of 10 Magnificent Man Caves (Eh Em, mine is in there with a link to my Blog for more pics and details) but there are a couple movie themed caves in there as well.

Check them out!
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian707 Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:16 am

Awesome read. Thanks!

We're still getting unpacked so its going to be a while before I can really dig into this, but I have some ideas. Its a second floor room with a damn fine view of a park currently under construction, so "cave" doesn't really fit it very well. I've been told its more like a watch tower. Will have to mull over that a bit to get more inspiration.

Thanks again.

Guardian707

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartman Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 am

I am seriously into home theater and just got into gaming. You can see pics under Greg Bartley in the photo section. avsforum.com is FULL of home theater forums, pictures etc and is a very good resource. Let me know if I can answer any questions, Greg

Bartman

Back to top Go down

Post  eDJ Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Recently I was at a CVS pharmacy and saw a $100 Digital Projector. It claimed to cover
a 10' diagonal screen area. It had USB 2 hook ups, built in speakers and speaker jacks if you wish to use your own home theater speaker system.

But there are other lower prices and lesser models of these entering the market now.

The darker the room lighting the better they display the signal from a DVD player, VCR,
TV line out, or other AV source such as a cam corder playing back footage.

Gamer/Movie style man-caves 41rkdr10

Gamer/Movie style man-caves 31tRjsXDB8L._SL500_AA300_

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Digital-Projector-Composite-Speakers/dp/B004AMTDNY/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1297142203&sr=1-8

You can of course run your game console display through this too.

The projector above claims to project up to 80" wide screen.

But there are a growing number of low end digital projectors these days that could
be handy in a Man Cave. One could also project on the ceiling if you wanted to lay on the couch.
eDJ
eDJ

http://vanconversion.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down