The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons for a man cave

+3
originalgatman
earnhardtjunkie
stretch1805
7 posters

Go down

Main reason for a man cave?

Reasons for a man cave Vote_lcap11%Reasons for a man cave Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Reasons for a man cave Vote_lcap56%Reasons for a man cave Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 10 ]
Reasons for a man cave Vote_lcap33%Reasons for a man cave Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Reasons for a man cave Vote_lcap0%Reasons for a man cave Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Reasons for a man cave Empty Reasons for a man cave

Post  stretch1805 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Doing a school project on How to build a Man Cave. I need reasons for why men want a man cave. I think its pretty simple but I need statistics.

Please answer or vote. Need answersn for project.

Last edited by stretch1805 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

stretch1805

Back to top Go down

Reasons for a man cave Empty Re: Reasons for a man cave

Post  earnhardtjunkie Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I voted for a place to relax and it's a great way to showcase my collection. Sure I have a drink while I root for Kyle Busch to crash, the Steelers to win and jam to some music but it's mainly a great place to chill out.
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  originalgatman Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 pm

really need an all of the above button. For me, it is my space. My decorating, my ideas, my stuff, my space. If the main TV is taken, I go to my space. If friends are over, we head to my space. If I need to get away from the family for a bit, I head to my space. So I would go with all of the above.
If someone comes to our house and says you have a lovely home, that is to the wife. But when people see my Mantown, they know who's space that is instantly. My space and my contribution to the home.

originalgatman

Back to top Go down

Post  rogertc1 Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:05 am

I put my Man Cave together a couple years ago as a place to enjoy my gun collection and relax.

rogertc1

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtman775 Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:37 am

Well i sorta dug my own grave on this one....once upon a time in a land far, far away i told the wife "you can do whatever u want with the house"....it has taken a heluva lot longer than i thought. but, i did say "the basement is mine"....and now im on the doorstep of my cave FINALLY!!!!!
dirtman775
dirtman775

Back to top Go down

Reasons for a man cave Empty Why ?

Post  eDJ Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:47 pm

I've been around a lot of "Man Caves" since I was a youngster. Most men will build or buy a home in time for the wife and family. But in time he will come back to wanting a dedicated space that is uniquely his. Imagine it as his own home office, den, and collection of his heirlooms handed down to him over the course of time. Special things
he has come by from older men perhaps no longer living.

These things he collects in this space may have memories and special meanings for him which allow him to reflect on the lessons he's learned from these past friends and family members that help give his life meaning and direction. The Cave as a whole makes a statement of who he is and what he's come to be by trade or profession.

So the man who has such a facility is able to go to it to center himself in his own reality and recharge his energy in a leisurely manner. If friends visit him he has the best of all possible worlds to entertain them within.
eDJ
eDJ

http://vanconversion.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelly ferguson Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 am

I like it because my freinds can't mess up the house. Spilling drinks and food lol. When i am watching a game or a racing, being able to say and do what i like. With out having to hear, you are to loud!!! go out side and play with the kids LOL.

Kelly ferguson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down