The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing cave project

3 posters

Go down

Ongoing cave project Empty Ongoing cave project

Post  srusk Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but have had a cave for about 12 years now...I just sent a few pics of my place and have no idea where they are or even if they are uploaded to the site yet.. Here is the most recent pic, if anyone has any ideas for me it would be greatly appretiated. I think it looks good like it is but something seems to be missing and cant figure what it is. I am going to get alot of mirrors to put behind stripper pole but that is an easy fix.. Give me some feedback, thanks for looking, by the way, there is alot of great caves out there!!!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/17/73/30/27/resize11.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/17/73/30/27/resize12.jpg

Last edited by srusk on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot pics)

srusk

Back to top Go down

Ongoing cave project Empty Lighting

Post  Seth Guidry Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:41 am

Looks good to me, can't think of anything your missing, keep it clean and de-cluttered.

What kind of lighting do you have on the bar and where did you get it?

Also, where did you get the straw for the top of the bar?

Seth Guidry

Back to top Go down

Ongoing cave project Empty Re: Ongoing cave project

Post  srusk Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 am

The lighting I got from ebay. Just type in RGB led lights. they come in a 16 ft roll (5 meters) they come water proof or not. My openion is not to get the water proof ones because I cant find any kind of caulk or glue that will stick to the Plastic covering around the lights. The non water proof ones have a peal off back that sticks pretty good to anything. I actually have a set of them stuck on the back of my wide screen tv and entertainment system. it looks pretty cool when it shines against the wall. Just another idea for you.

The grass on the bar is called Thatch. I think i bought it off emay several years ago too LOL. It dont hold up very long outside but is great in doors. it gave me that tiki or tropical look i was going for.

srusk

Back to top Go down

Ongoing cave project Empty tv

Post  Derek M Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I assume you have a t.v. If not, it's a must. Of course, the way the cave is themed you must have some awesome speakers/stereo set-up. Lastly, I would put in a couch somewhere you can see the T.V. from and possibly a poker table. This looks truly amazing. I love the lights and the bar. Awesome job man!

Derek M

Back to top Go down

Post  srusk Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 am

Thanks man...Actually there is a 60" big screen tv setting on 2 - large whiskey barrels just out of site and a wrap around couch too.. If they will ever post the pics on the site it will show a view from behind the bar that shows the other half of the room. Thanks for the coment. It was alot of work and still playing with it....We're guys right.....we are never satisfied....LOL

srusk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down