The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm in the local smoke shop....

3 posters

Go down

So I'm in the local smoke shop.... Empty So I'm in the local smoke shop....

Post  Blake Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 am

and I see a Zig Zag metal sign on the wall behind the counter.

I asked the cashier (really never done this before) if there were an extra one I could buy? She takes a sly, mischievous look around and says softly "if you drive around back and look in the dumpster, I'll bet you'll find one there" (wink, wink). So I do, there was, and it's going up in the cave this weekend!

Point is, if you see something you want, ask! Of course offer to pay, negotiate a fair price, and you might just end up with something cool you never really expected you could have.

On another subject, I had a blow out in my water heater 2 days ago. A few months ago, my power co. offered me a $750 warranty on it for $5 a month on the bill. Sounded OK, minimal risk, so I called them and reported the claim. They sent out a local plumber who proceeded to quote $1300 for a replacement! Of course I expected they might try to exceed the warr benefit, but not to the tune of $550! I cancelled the contract, went to Lowes bought a high efficiency unit, spent an hour & 15 min hooking it up, and we're done. Lesson? Don't buy BS warranties. Energy co's are doing this all over the country and as far as I'm concerned they're a scam.

And the new heater is computerized! I'll probably have to add a network location.

BTW, I've outgrown my desire for any other ZZ products years ago.

Blake

Back to top Go down

So I'm in the local smoke shop.... Empty Re: So I'm in the local smoke shop....

Post  lucky luke Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:16 pm

pirat Congrats on the addition to your cave. I had a similar experience last year shortly after St. Patricks day. My wife and I went to our favorite Irish pub. Knowing that they always put on an extra Guinness tap for the occasion, I asked the manager if there was a spare one laying around that was broken or just not wanted. I figured I could fix it if necessary or just cut it off, drill and tap it for my kegerator. I ended up with a full valve, handle and diffuser set up for a keg of Guinness if I can ever afford it. I got it for less than half the best price i was able to find it for online. You are absolutely right!! Ask. the worst they can do is say no.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

So I'm in the local smoke shop.... Empty I've had similar expierences

Post  Jason Stanley Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 pm

I've had similar luck at our local tavern. I'm an avid collector of Jack Daniel’s memorabilia, and I’ve added several nice pieces to my collection by getting in the good graces of the owners... and it never hurts to grease the wheels a little too.
Jason Stanley
Jason Stanley

Back to top Go down

So I'm in the local smoke shop.... Empty Re: So I'm in the local smoke shop....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down