Man Cave Darts Room: Coming Along

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man Cave Darts Room: Coming Along

Post  Rags on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Greetings fellow cave dwellers! I've been lurking and reading here for a while, and just now feeling like the cave is coming along enough to dive in and share a bit.

After a few years of living on the road to keep business afloat I managed to settle down in one spot. Trouble is, I can't drink/smoke in the house and this place is so full of windows there's no space to hang up my dart boards and enjoy the company of my team mates and friends. This was a non issue when I was making good money for bar tabs and you could smoke at my favorite local sports/darts bar, but the economy has been brutal for business and the Nazi City Council here hopped on the "smoking ban bandwagon" last year. After that the need for a man cave could not be avoided.

I have a great space in the garage, however I work on my own vehicles and also enjoy woodworking and the occasional carpentry project. So my garage has to accommodate those things as well as give me a place to escape for darts, watching the ball games, burning my Pall Malls and keeping the liver exercised.

Having said that, by no means can I create anything close to some of the killer caves I've seen here but it is what it is. And here it is.

The pickup was stolen once and I've had vehicles broken into, so my vehicles live in the garage at night. There's enough space to stack the furniture out of the way and easily fit two vehicles inside. Pull out the trucks and the space is open for shenanigans. I have all of my tool/work benches on wheels so I can roll up the carpet and configure them to suit any project I have going on, and at the moment I am using some cheap lawn chairs and fold up chairs. I'm going to go with a high top bar table (a dartboard table top of course) and some bar stools when I actually invest in something.

The 35" TV I inherited when a friend passed away, the 19" another friend gave to me when he replaced it with a new one. I scored the fridge locally (love that Craigslist action) for $20 and you can tell by the size I can fit plenty of aiming fluid in there. The 24" deep shelves will eventually run around the entire perimeter of the garage for plenty of storage space, and to light up the second dartboard (a practice board with half sized doubles, triples and bull). The brackets are pricey but they hold up the weight of anything you're willing to lift up there.

Another friend of mine gave me an old laptop his kids had abused to the point he couldn't get it running. I got it cleaned up and upgraded the OS and drug out this back up monitor for Internet and a program called Dart Pro that keeps stats and has practice routines in it. It also comes in handy for keeping score when the mathematically challenged are here to play.

The square rig you see by the lights above my dartboard has a web cam pointed directly at the board for playing darts online.

I'm all wired up for watching two separate channels on the TV's, high speed Internet, DVD, CD, VCR, Internet Radio - hell sometimes I plug my Blackberry into the system to listen to MP3's. I just scored the carpet this week (pic 1 has it) from a neighbor who was ripping out practically new carpet to go to wood floors. Once the shelves are complete and the second dartboard ready for action I'll score the bar table and stools. You spend the majority of time playing darts standing up so I'd like to have the taller stools for getting up and down, and I found these killer retro stools that have a slide out step ladder under them which is perfect for getting up to the top shelves around the garage. Next up is to insulate the garage door, and come Spring the space where the box fan lives will become an air conditioner (which may be store bought or may be engineered and home made).

All for now, time to hit the beer store and get ready for darts and Sons Of Anarchy on my new carpet Very Happy

Last edited by Rags on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rags

View user profile http://www.mydartshirts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Man Cave Darts Room: Coming Along

Post  earnhardtjunkie on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 am

GREAT READ Rags.... !!!

Maybe the glitch is on my end but I can't see the pics. I always enjoy reading the articles in mens mags but man, the pics sure set your mind straight sometimes. Twisted Evil
earnhardtjunkie

View user profile http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Good start Rags, a cave will never be "finished", just a work in progress. There's some really nice caves in the gallery if you haven't seen them take a look. Great for ideas. I also have a garage cave look under Blake Lunsford's Cave. Steel tip darts? Got 'em. Sound and vid? Got em. AC & heat? Got em. I also can park both vehicles or build something when needed. A good multiuse room.

Blake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rags on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks! Y'all can't see the pics? I can see them on my end.
Rags

View user profile http://www.mydartshirts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  earnhardtjunkie on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:15 am

I see 'em now..... looks pretty good, I like the fact that it's a functional space. Check your PM.
earnhardtjunkie

View user profile http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top