The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mancave publicity

2 posters

Go down

Mancave publicity Empty Mancave publicity

Post  Blake Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am

I think it's clear. Mancavesite.org is the online authority when it comes to mancaves. At this point it's on the air and in print due mainly to the novelty issue. Although caves are seeing what amounts to significant exposure, it's not nearly as well known as it could be, or too many cavers haven't found the site and reaped it's benefits or contributed to it's growth. But then, it is what it is. I for one enjoy being one of the members.

Mike I think it's time for a re-commitment. Quit your job, get out there with a sandwich sign, paint up your vehicle, get some cards printed, and work on seo for the site. Just kidding, VBG!

But I will add one suggestion. I've spent the last year and a half learning about SEO, search engine optimization. This is the current method google (the internet search 800 lb. gorilla) uses to post search results. If not already, this site could become even stronger and more prominent in search engine results if properly optimized. This doesn't involve money although some incorrectly think it does.

Mike, if you'd like I'd be more than happy to speak to my web designer to analyze the site. It can be done for free using google tools and analyticals, and I've done it on my own site, but not often enough to remember how to do it and what certain results mean. Let me know by phone or email or right here.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Mancave publicity Empty Re: Mancave publicity

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 am

Blake,

Thanks for the kind words and support! Very Happy

As far as quitting my full time job...we have a long time before that happens. Laughing I do have advertising on the truck (I'll have to post pics) and customized plates MANC8VE. That part is covered.

I think we do well with the Google search...if you Google "Man Cave" we are usually #1 or #2 on the list (right behind the DIY Man Cave Show). I use Google Analytics to analyze the site and keep track of traffic flow, hit counts, and content viewed just to name a few.

We are always looking at improving the site, so any advice you can offer will be well received. I'm still learning as well.

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mancaveforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:24 am

Yeah, I just did the same thing, the site gets found easily. Don't get me wrong the site works just fine for me in every way. Can it be better? No. Can it make money? I think so. I just hung up with my web guy, trying to figure out what could be done if anything, he says "sponsors!"

I think you've started something very cool, being big pique's my interest. I haven't thought this all the way through but maybe some input from the forum could help. Or I'm all wet. Wouldn't be the first time!

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum