The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

building a bar

4 posters

Go down

building a bar Empty building a bar

Post  nagey Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:00 pm

i plan on building a bar in my garage next spring, my thought was a 4 to 6 ft with stools all around. this would be positioned between my car and the cave area. if anyone has seen my mancave and has any ideas, feel free to let me know. also if anyone has any hints on bar building i could use the advice. thanks !

nagey

Back to top Go down

building a bar Empty Re: building a bar

Post  Blake Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I have a two car/two door style garage. Since I still use it for parking cars, I have to keep that in mind when designing cave options. Have a look

building a bar 346275827

When I need to, I can flip the bar up between the doors, secure it with a locking cross bar, and I'm set! The bar is 20" X 66" X 1.5" thick comprised of two 3/4 pieces of particle board glued and screwed together, laminate that matches the toolbox work surface, and then surrounded by 3/4" 90 deg outside corner molding. I used 3 large hinges to make both the flip up hinge and the folding leg hinge. Very, very sturdy. The bar stools were purchased at Sam's Club, and then recalled because of leaking or exploding gas cylinders. Yeah, I kept 'em.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:11 pm

pirat Blake, right on bro! That looks both functional and quite appealing. Well done.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Outstanding Blake! Mind if I use the photo for the website? Idea I think other cavers will be equally impressed.

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mancaveforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Mike, anything I post can be used by you or anyone else for any reason whatsoever. That's the whole idea ain't it?

BTW, I just found the section with other caver's photo's, I'll edit my post and send you a sequence to post. There's alot of cool stuff in those other caves. Don't forget my invite to the Travelling Cave Dweller, the parties approaching fast!

Blake

Back to top Go down

building a bar Empty building a bar

Post  nagey Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Blake,

This is exactly what i was looking for. i love the design, but i may do something like it only put it on locking wheels so i can set up anywhere in the cave i want. thanks for the input.

Max

nagey

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:02 am

Max, now you got my wheels turning. I will be using the garage for parking as well as partying, that's the reason I designed it to fold up. Won't be in the way or get struck accidentally. Wheels that lock for placement options takes me to making it collapsable for storage! The ideas just come spewing forth eh?

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down