The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum

+3
Blake
lucky luke
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum Empty Welcome to the Man Cave Forum

Post  Admin Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I would like to welcome you to The Official Man Cave Forum! A lot of visitors and members have asked for this forum and we will always try to fulfill your reasonable requests.

Please be polite and courteous. Sarcasm and hazing are allowed! Smile

Thanks again for visiting!

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mancaveforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum Empty Re: Welcome to the Man Cave Forum

Post  lucky luke Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:19 pm

pirat Hey there. I just wanted to let you all know that word of the site is getting around. My wife is involved with a christmas forum and she told them about mancavesite. A couple people went to the site, came back to their forum and were raving about this one. "A well designed site." "A cool site about realistic stuff." We are getting there!

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Glad to see the word is getting around! Very Happy That has to be the hardest part of getting a website rolling. Thanks to all the Man Cavers for making this work! Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 pm

pirat I am also spreading the word at work. There is one guy there that has an awsome cave. I gave him the address. Hope he gets here.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 pm

The more the better! That's what the site is all about. Give those cavers a chance to show off all the hard work and share ideas. Not to mention "take over the world"! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:16 pm

OK, I'm in. I need a place to do anything associated with my man cave. I've been kicked out of every other room in my house, now I told my wife if she kicks me out of my garage, I'm outahere!

Of course she knows I'm kidding, but there's always that little nagging doubt. Anyway, I'm glad to be here. As I post this, I'm sitting in the cave, typing in my little tablet laptop, an integral part of the sound system. I have XM in my truck, and by that I automatically get an internet acct. I plug the tablet into the amp, and voila! I'm listening to XM through my stereo. A buddy of mine and I are in the process of building the cave, and so far I have before and so far pics, but no place to put them. When I'm done, it'll blow most folks away. Sound, Video, a bar, etc. etc.

If there's a way to post pics, I will. I'm not rich, so I'm doing it when the budget allows.

Hello to all, looking forward to hangin out.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Blake,

Welcome to The Official Man Cave Site! You've found the right place to showcase your cave and share ideas. Feel free to post pictures as you wish. Just send the pictures to me (mancave@mancavesite.org) and I'll get them posted (remember it's free).

We all understand the need for your own space where men can be men!

Again, Welcome!

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Hey Mike, thanks. I've been looking for a place just like this, and someplace to post pics for ideas etc.

Is the only way to post pics to email them to you? If so, can I edit the post with descriptions?

Thanks again.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 pm

pirat Hey Blake, welcome to the site. If you are looking to protect the wall behind your dart board, what I did was put a 1/4" piece of plywood with a 1" piece of styrofoam insulation on the wall, cut out a place for the dart board, paint over the whole works to match the wall and most people will not even know it's there.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Mike, I'm no expert, and I don't know if this is allowed, but I created an "album" on a site called picturetrail.com. They host all kinds of photos and video's (I think) and with this you can create links to photos or put the photos right in a message. If it's OK with you, I'm going to create a new thread with my before and up to now pics. It'll be long, but I want to see if I can do it. If so, it'll make the sight more interesting, I think. Let me know. Here's the trial pic of the beginning of my project.

My basic 2 car garage, full of clutter, but I got plans. BOY DO I GOT PLANS. This is Mar. 08.
Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339990965

These shelves worked good for a while, but they gotta go!

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339990501

Can you tell I'm running out of space?

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339990613

This wall is going to look better in a little bit.

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339990649

The reconstruction begins. Hide the shelves, reduce clutter.

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339990857

This WAS the wall with the two high shelves, and the stack of 2X4's. BTW, this is
my custom cart. 26 mph on batteries, Blaupunkt, 6" lift, 23" tires/wheels, diamond plate
and stainless everywhere, (it's for the grandkids) RIGHT!

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339991572

We're getting closer, whole garage painted w/S/W Quicksilver, a very light gray, almost white high gloss

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339991121

Our best project yet. Custom built stereo/fridge/subwoofer cabinet. High rent birch plywood,
2X4 frame on wall, Luxman, Advent speakers, sub. Thumps nicely. I put in a 18K/20K
A/C Heater unit. Works very well. New steps, short look at my HD barstools.

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339991164

A better look at the barstools, (recalled for exploding gas cylinders, fugettaboutit!)

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339991423

A better look at the sterio cabinet, 1st bar light. More of them to come.

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum 339991493

By now it's mid November. Things haven't gone as fast as planned. I'll post pic's of
the epoxied floor in a day or so. Came out OK, but I'm not happy. Time to start putting the cave
together enough for the annual White elephant Christmas party my wife puts together each year. Plenty
of friends, lot's of food and booze, one ass kicking, and lot's of sexual innuendo, all night long. The economy
has taken it's toll on my plans. It hurts everyone.

I'd really like your opinions, ideas, criticism's whatever. The floor is now epoxied, in lieu of urethane
tiles for the upcoming party. I should mention none of this could be possible without my good
friend Tim, another nutbag with too much time on his hands. You should all be as lucky to
have a bud like him. More pics to come. Cave On!

Last edited by Blake on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating past post)

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Blake,

Whatever you like. Very Happy This is your site as well. Feel free to start a new thread. Look forward to seeing the pics! What a Face

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Luke, when you said you used 1/4 plywood AND styrofoam, does that mean you sunk the actual board into the two layers? Got any pics? Thanks in advance.

I've been out of town speaking at my trades annual expo. Quite proud that I was recognized as a "peer" in my industry. Hope someone was inspired.

I'm going to start a new thread with pics in the next couple days. Gotta go party in the ultimate mancave, the Morrow Mountain State Park in the Uwharrie forest, central NC. 6 cabins, 20 or so drunk men and women, lots of food, and just zone out for the weekend. Pics to come.

Or, is it the Uwharrie State park in the Morrow mountain forest? Who knows, it doesn't matter, I'm gonna go relieve some stress. Biz is tough right now, I gotta get the H*** outahere

Anyone else here from NC?

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:18 am

pirat Hello fellow cavers. Sorry it took so long to get back. I would like to tell you that I was off on vacation around the world, but the truth is I forgot my password for the forum and it took a while to figure out how to make my new one work. Yes, to say that I am technologically challenged is like saying the ocean is wet. Minor understatement. Blake, for the board backing, I used sheetrock screws for the plywood to the wall. (into the studs) Then laid the styrofoam flat, found side to side center and height from bottom for center of the board. Drew then cut my circle for the board. Using more sheetrock screws with fender washers(large outside diameter, small hole) I screwed the styrofoam to the plywood. I then screwed the dartboard to the plywood while it was sitting in the hole in the styrofoam. I just put screws at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock, as far to the outside as I could get them. You can put them in deep enough so they cannot be seen. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever hit the screws. I will try to get a few pictures that show the details. The big dog will have to attach them somehow tho. If I ever do another one, I will take step by step pictures for the man-o-vations page.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum Empty new to the site!

Post  hilljammer Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 am

Hey CAVERS!!
This site is exactly what i've been looking for. I sent it to my neighbor last night and he beat me to putting up pics!!! But I got the cave all he has is that lonely "MEGARATOR"!! We nick named it the "ShinerBox", because we have gone through a keg of every different type of Shiner beer since the MEGARATOR's inception! I am originally from Lake Charles, La. and after all my world travels in the US Navy, I now reside outside of Austin, Texas. Like any coonass, I miss the bayous and culture of south Louisiana. This inspired my recent project......... The TIGER DEN a.k.a. "MAN CAVE". I love SEC football especially watching dem Tigers of LSU (this season isn't going as planned)!!
I live in a newly constructed neighborhood and all of my neighbors are from different ends of the country (Ohio, Cali, Carolinas, S. Texas, etc.)
Anyway, we all get together ALL the time. My "buckeye" neighbor, Ian, who just posted the pics of the MEGARATOR and I have collaborated on various projects from home and neighborhood networking (video and music streaming thru XBOX360 to the Tiger Den, etc.). I will get some decent pics of the Tiger Den up here soon!!!

hilljammer

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:58 pm

pirat Welcome hilljammer! I'm glad to see another swab jockey on the site.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 pm

pirat Hilljammer, my wife and I are both exceedingly jealous of the MEGARATOR! Any chance you have a set of plans?

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  leothelip Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

I've stared my man cave a few weeks back and I've run into a snag when it comes to bar stools. I really can't find anything worthwhile. The ones I see in the local stores are poor quality and lots $$$$, hoping someone might know of a website or somewhere I can find nice stools. Willing to spend a little more for something that will hold up to a lot of abuse and last awhile. Any help would be appreciated. I will start posting pictures of my 24' bar inside my cave soon.

Leo in Buffalo

leothelip

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 am

Wanted to give a big Cave Man welcome to you all! Smile

Hilljammer, I'll get your pics posted today. Sorry for the delay, just got a little busy yesterday. My bad! Crying or Very sad

Leothelip, I'll get looking for bar stools. I have some leads on what I've purchased in the past. I'll keep you posted if I can find something worth purchasing.

Again, welcome everyone!

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 am

Leothelip,

Although you may have gone this route for Bar Stools, but check these out:

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=bar+stools

Hope this helps.

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Man Cave Forum Empty My New Man Cave

Post  prince of parlay Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Well I am starting my man cave on a very tight budget. So far I am getting a pool table tonight, I have an older TV that will suffice, and I plan on taking out the garage door and putting up a wall and a door that will lead to the BBQ patio. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. I cannot beleive Im getting this after only a mere 6 months of marriage. However, she did limit me pretty hard. I am also plannign on building a wet bar and a astroturfed box for a putting green. So what do you guys think? Any ideas?

prince of parlay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey Prince,

We hope to have some dimensions of a wet bar posted on the site very soon. Maybe this will help you in building your bar. Very Happy

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  earnhardtjunkie Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:47 am

leothelip wrote:I've stared my man cave a few weeks back and I've run into a snag when it comes to bar stools. I really can't find anything worthwhile. The ones I see in the local stores are poor quality and lots $$$$, hoping someone might know of a website or somewhere I can find nice stools. Willing to spend a little more for something that will hold up to a lot of abuse and last awhile. Any help would be appreciated. I will start posting pictures of my 24' bar inside my cave soon.

Leo in Buffalo

Leo,

Here is a site I shop with for specialty bar stuff, it's where I bought my "Shot Steward"

http://www.beveragefactory.com/barware.shtml
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down