The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to build the cave...

5 posters

Go down

Where to build the cave... Empty Where to build the cave...

Post  Boom_King Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Mostly I am just writing this idea down so that I don't forget it later, but maybe it will help someone else out too.

Where to put the cave is an easy decision for many people that have either a basement or garage, but not everyone has either of these. Does this mean that they should be forced to live a cave free life? NO!

How manly is this idea? Build a cave in your back yard using steel shipping crates. Cheap and environmentally conscious too.

I did a quick google search, and found out that I am not the only to think of using containers this way. Check this design out. Two containers side by side, welded together, huge porthole windows:

http://www.containercity.com/meath-garden.html

Anyway, someone please do this and make me jealous. I'll have the land to do this myself... someday...

Boom_King

Back to top Go down

Where to build the cave... Empty Re: Where to build the cave...

Post  Admin Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Boom_King,

Your right, a Man Cave doesn't have to be in the house. We have many Cave Dwellers who enjoy the Cave life outside the home in small sheds and buildings out back. I've also seen the shipping containers used for many things (homes and office buildings for example Shocked ) and would be perfect for a Man Cave. Give it a door, some power and your in! Maybe a little insolation and dry wall and you'd never know your in a shipping container! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing!

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mancaveforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 pm

pirat Jump into it with both feet!!! There is a commercial on TV that has a container as a bar. It is quite cool, but I do not remember who's commercial it is. There are also several web sites that have various designs for containers. My wife and I have looked at a lot of designs and have not chosen any one yet. Try putting shipping containers or shipping container construction in your search engine and see what you get. They are definately the "BUILDING BLOCKS OF THE FUTURE".

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Where to build the cave... Empty anyone on here ever....

Post  hordechick Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 pm

has anyone on here ever built their man cave in a storage building? the ones that rent the spaces. i recently rented one, its a 15x20 for $70 a month, and free electric is available on site. i was just curious if anyone else picked the same type of place as me. i will upload pics soon. i am very happy with it so far Smile

hordechick

Back to top Go down

Where to build the cave... Empty Where I put my Man Cave

Post  bottieri Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

Here's what I did!

We live on one of the barrier islands on the east coast of Florida. The home lots are small with no room to add onto the house. Also, there isn't much warehouse space available and no place to put metal shipping containers. However, I was very lucky to have some cash available when a condo warehouse went on the market. It was an old cabinet shop that turned into a Corian shop that supplied all the local home builders. Needless to say when they stopped building homes, this business went belly up. The space was 5 bays consisting of 4720 square feet, and only 1/2 mile from my home. I bought it very cheap, closed off and sold two of the bays (2000 feet), and redid the 2720 for my man cave. If you'd like to see the transformation step by step there are photos here: http://web.me.com/bottieri/Bottieri/Index.html

If you can find some warehouse space and have the means to buy or lease it, that would make a great Man Cave as it will probably be big enough to drive into with your special car or motorcycle. Of course putting my Man Cave at my home locations would have been my first choice, but I'm glad it worked out as such that I'm close enough that I can walk to it, and far enough away not to be interrupted. Also, it's in an industrial complex so I can do just about anything in it that I'd like - including have live bands and parties.
bottieri
bottieri

http://web.me.com/bottieri/Bottieri/Index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  lucky luke Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:22 pm

pirat Damn man, that is one incredible cave. I am jealous in ways that I never thought possible. WELL DONE!

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Where to build the cave... Empty Where I built my Man Cave

Post  bottieri Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for the compliment Luke!

I worked hard converting that old warehouse space into what it is. Most of the manual labor that could be done without hiring a contractor I did myself. Not bad for being 68 years old.

The Cave is more of a personal night club whereby I can choose the guests and band. It's become the rehearsal place for many of the local professional musicians who supply the musical entertainment frequently. It's also the recording facility for my very good friend and Hammond B3 organ player, Kenny Clarke.

All the instruments there on the stage belong to the house (me), so the guys love to drop in and play. Kind of 'plug and play" live music! lol!

Anyway, thanks for looking at the photos and if you're ever going to be near Orlando FL let me know - I'm only about 45 miles east of Orlando. I'd love to show you the place in person. Same goes for other members of this site. Perhaps I can arrange a lve band and throw a party while you're here. Very Happy

Joe at the DogHouse Man Cave
Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937
bottieri
bottieri

http://web.me.com/bottieri/Bottieri/Index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down