The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting my First Man Cave

4 posters

Go down

Starting my First Man Cave Empty Starting my First Man Cave

Post  prince of parlay Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Well I am starting my man cave on a very tight budget. So far I am getting a pool table tonight, I have an older TV that will suffice, and I plan on taking out the garage door and putting up a wall and a door that will lead to the BBQ patio. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. I cannot beleive Im getting this after only a mere 6 months of marriage. However, she did limit me pretty hard. I am also plannign on building a wet bar and a astroturfed box for a putting green. So what do you guys think? Any ideas?

prince of parlay

Back to top Go down

Starting my First Man Cave Empty Re: Starting my First Man Cave

Post  Admin Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome Prince of Parlay! Very Happy

Glad to hear you got some space to start your cave. Everyone starts out small and improves as time/money permits.

I have a few ideas about your garage door. As you can see from some of the caves displayed on the site, there can be some advantage and disadvantages to a garage door. Some choose to enclose the opening, while other choose to keep the garage door. Enclosing is great, as long as it is done well. Some of the advantages to leaving the garage door is you can open it and expand your cave when space is needed and close when you are done. Only you know what would be best for your situation. As I said before, some choose to leave the garage door and open it to move the party into the driveway!

We hope you find some good ideas and resources in your mission of building your cave.

Cave On!

Mike
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mancaveforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  earnhardtjunkie Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:11 am

prince of parlay wrote:So what do you guys think? Any ideas?

Do you have a theme? I.E. Sports, Film, Auto etc will set the pace on budget.

Speaking of budget, if you are limited maybe you can forego the idea of closing up the garage door and spend the money elsewhere for "goodies" or creature comforts. Then when you have a BBQ, you can keep the doors open much like Tim Repass did with his.

That approach may score cool points with the Chief Finance Officer and may pay dividends down the road when you need to submit the Additional Funds Request. Twisted Evil
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Starting my First Man Cave Empty suggestions.

Post  codymkstewart Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:23 pm

First and foremost...It is for you! Don't design, ahem Decorate, your room so that your friends like it. While you may not be alone in the room very often it is the perfect way to show everyone your passion(s).

codymkstewart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down