The Official Man Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave

3 posters

Go down

Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave Empty Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave

Post  earnhardtjunkie Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am

I wanted to share something with everyone that has had me excited the past couple weeks, I didn't want to jinx myself until it was all final but....

My Man Cave a.k.a. “The Earnhardt Room” was scouted by a Corporate Event Producer for Kenwood Group contacted on behalf of their clients, Symantec & VMWare. They wanted to license the use of a couple photos of my Man Cave for an expo production they are putting together. cheers

Their script said “create an entertaining and engaging format for a keynote presentation on virtualization given by two Symantec executives and VMWare” ….It has to do with some security software and they plan to do a rip off of sorts on the TV Show Home Improvement and Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor.

They chose the Earnhardt Room after researching over 1000 Man Caves and found mine on the net where it was listed in the top 12 Man Caves a while back on My Bad Pad and then traced me down through ManCaveSite. Link

After several phone calls, reshoots of the Cave and final contract approval I of course I let them pay me but I won’t be retiring anytime soon or buying a 2010 ZR1 Vette to spank Mike on Arizona Route 66 Twisted Evil but it was enough to buy a large collection of “The Red Green Show” from Amazon and a couple movie race movie DVDs. I was more honored and excited that it got picked up than anything.

They are going to send me a DVD of the finished product and if they allow me to, I will send Mike a clip and possibly post it on the Main Site if they approve.

(I need to send some updated pics to Mike to repost what is already in the Gallery as it has changed a little bit since I took those plus some cool remodel pics I just found as I was remodeling the room.)
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave Empty Re: Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave

Post  Blake Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:19 am

VERY well done EJ, the pics on the site look great, being picked is quite cool, I hope you negotiated posting the vid here, or somewhere anyway. You've got a great looking cave, I never noticed the front straight-away before.

Just great!

Blake

Back to top Go down

Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave Empty Re: Cool news I wanted to share about my Man Cave

Post  lucky luke Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:35 am

pirat Congrats on the contract. You definately earned that. Your cave is one of a kind for sure. Another fan of Red Green. How cool is that.

lucky luke

Back to top Go down

Post  earnhardtjunkie Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:42 am

Blake wrote: I never noticed the front straight-away before.

Yeah, the track is pretty cool. A guy out of Wisconsin made that by hand; he sold smaller section up to a 4 foot section. When I order 4 sections and told them I wanted a 16 ft. track he about fell out. He still has a section of track on the Speed Channel show “Wind Tunnel with Dave Dispain” that they use as a part of the set. During a phone call interview with him he gave me a shout out as “The guy in Arizona that has a 16ft version.” Sadly, we lost contact and I never got the chance to show him pics of it full of cars.

I am turning it into a full blown diorama now with improved track lighting and a crowd background behind the catch fence from www.racewaydisplays.com

lucky luke wrote: Another fan of Red Green. How cool is that.

Red Green is a Genius with Duct Tape. The first time I saw that show I laughed until my stomach hurt, the scary thing is his “improvements” to everyday products just may work. For instance the air hockey table he made from two clothes dryers and lets not forget about the power window attachment he made for his van with a broken window crank; he used a cordless mixer to roll the window up.

Now that’s Red Neck right there!
earnhardtjunkie
earnhardtjunkie

http://www.butterfieldphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down